Choosing the right senior living community is a big decision. At Manor of the Plains, we're happy to be of assistance during this time of transition by offering a variety of resources to better educate and equip you for making a decision.
Deciding what kind of care you or your loved one needs can be confusing. We've put together an infographic, Understanding Senior Living, to assist you. Learn about living options, types of care and respite options.
There are many things to consider when seeking the perfect senior living community, so we've put together a Senior Living Tour Checklist containing a list of tips and questions to ask when touring senior living communities. When it comes to financial matters, Wichita Presbyterian Manor offers a variety of Financial Options to serve and meet the financial needs of our current and future residents.
If you're uncertain exactly when is the best time for you or your loved one to move into a senior living community, there are many things to consider. Check out these guides and resources:
- Guide to Choosing an Assisted Living Community by the Assisted Living Federation of America
- Guide to Choosing a Skilled Nursing Community by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Skilled Nursing Comparison Checklist
- Making Sense of Medicare: An Overview of Skilled Nursing Coverage
- Memory Care Comparison Checklist
- Moving Tips for Seniors
- Guide to Medicare and Medicaid for Senior
- Veterans Benefits for Senior
Many legal and financial issues face seniors and their families as well. Below are several resources to assist with managing money and legal issues:
- Managing Someone Else's Money, Help for agents under a power of attorney
- Financial Exploitation: If it's not your money, taking it is a crime
- Getting Your Affairs in Order
- Legal and Financial Planning for People with Alzheimer's Disease
- Does Your House Control Your Future?